Wednesday, August 1, 2007

August 1, 2007

Oops - missed a day, but then again I am at the beach and trying to work. I keep staying up way too late - usually 2 a.m. and it's kicking my butt. Last night was earlier - 1 a.m. LOL

Spent some time on the beach yesterday, but a bad storm ripped by and everyone cleared out. We saw the most fantastic rainbow after the storm. Grilled brisket on the BBQ and roasted corn and potatoes for dinner.

Went jogging and walking with my sister-in-law yesterday morning. This morning I passed and walked with Larry. I found a fossilized clam shell and a fossil indentation of a scallop shell. He found a couple of shark's teeth.

I got the most disappointing news, publishing wise, yesterday. The Univ. of North Texas Press gave me feedback on my Pioneer Women book. It was so harsh and the reviewers had a very condenscending tone. They said they could not recommend publication of the book they way it stands. Now, I either have to make a gazillion changes or not have it published by them. I guess I could always pitch it to another publisher. Publishing though a university press it so much different that a regular publisher. There are pros and cons, and I just have to think about what I want to do.

Tonight it the premiere of Lost worlds-Season 2 at 9:00 p.m. I can't wait to watch the new series!

I am going back to work so I can wrap up and go to the beach for a while before I have to come in for my conference call.

No comments: