Friday, August 3, 2007

August 3, 2007

Today is the last day at the beach - we head home tomorrow morning. Yesterday was nice and no more shark sightings. I did chat with a neighbor who said some idiot was fishing from a kayak and caught the shark. He tried to gaff it and bring it to shore. That would explain the gash in the shark and why it was that close to the beach. Some people!

The bedtimes are about the same - 1-2 a.m. I gotta go home to get some sleep. Last night we walked on the beach, played a game called "Catch Phrase" and buried "treasure" for the 10 and 6 year-old nieces to find this morning.

I didn't jog/walk today because it's too steamy - I'll go in the ocean today and get a work out.

It's my brother-in-law's 50th birthday today, so we are "roasting" him at dinner - I wrote an "Ode to Bill" and we'll have cake. Everyone will be in bed early tonight since they all leave at 4:00 a.m. because of their 11 hour drives. Some live in Florida and some in NJ.

Work should be light again today, so I should get to spend the last day with my family on the beach. I love this job!!!

No comments: