Thursday, August 9, 2007

August 9, 2007

I went to the gym yesterday and lifted weights for about 40 mins, then swam 10 laps. The water was so hot it was like taking a bath with about 20 other people. Nasty! It's been so hot here and no rain...the power flashed off and on three times the night before last.

My hairdresser just canceled my appt because they lost the A.C. in the salon. It's rescheudled for tomorrow, but if it's not fixed (hard to find a free repairman these days) she'll have to reschedule again.

My new PC came yesterday, which is pretty good since I only ordered it Sunday. I am waiting for this weekend to convert because I am afraid I will have issues. I'm learning from past experiences.

Tonight my new favorite show is on...Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

I went walking with my neighbor this morning at 8 a.m. - it was already 80 and 100% humidity. I had a major meltdown when I got back. A nice cold shower did the trick.

I better get back to my job and finish the project that is due today. I love my job, but sometimes it can be frustrating. I guess anything new can be. It seems like I write something that is awesome and then it gets torn to pieces. Ah, the joys of being a writer. That's not always the case, but when it happens it drives me nuts. All in all, I wouldn't trade the job for anything, well, except my own tv show! Where else can you sit in the comfort of your home, take breaks when you need them, go to the gym, work from any location, no horrid commute, and be in control of the thermostat! Yeah, it's pretty sweet!

No comments: