Sunday, August 26, 2007

August 26, 2007

Today is Sunday and will truly be a day of rest for me. I am taking some pretty nice drugs from the doc for my back pain and inflammation.

Let's see, Friday night was the anniversary dinner at Bistro 607. It was a cute old house built around 1906 in donwtown Raleigh. The food was fine and so was the service. The seating was pretty close together in the bay window area, which is where we ate. A couple next to us were quite loud and obnoxious. They had the waitress hold their desserts while they went out for a 10 min cigarette break. Every time I laughed, the woman shot me a glare, like, God forbid I have a good time dining out! LOL

Yesterday we did the usual wine tasting, but this time we treated ourselves to some pretty nice wines as an anniversary gift. Since neither of us had any luck with the gifts we tried to get for each other, we decided why not wine.

We ate dinner out again last night with some friends and mom, and it was real nice. I had Pacific Wahoo, goat cheese mashed potatoes, and sauteed spinach. For dessert, like I needed that, I had a hot cup of chocolate cake with marshmallow fluff. OMG - it was too die for.

I better walk a few extra miles this week to work all those dinners, wine, and desserts off! Actually, I am heading back to the gym since my doctor cleared me. Until Monday...

No comments: