Friday, August 17, 2007

August 17, 2007

Well, this week hasn't been good for blogging. Between doctors appts and trying to rest, and work has been a real chore. I apparently have a shrinking disc in my lower back, which is the source of all my back issues. I have an appt with my regular doc next week to confirm all this.

I must have had a moment of weakness and agreed to be the VP-Marketing for Women Writing the West for 2008. Like I don't have enough projects?!

My new work project is going to keep me busy today and next week, which is good. I get to come up "what-if" scenarios and use the client's new technology to solve the issue.

Larry got back from his business trip Weds night. We, of course, lost the power one night while he was gone. It's been happening around 8:00 p.m. during this unbearable heat wave of 100s. It doesn't last long, but it sure screws with all the electronics in the house. I have re-set more appliances this past week!

We took the golf cart to a neighbor's so I could deliver an exercise ball that I bought for her. We're going to try them as chairs - supposed to be good for bad backs. We'll see...

Still lovin' Gordon Ramsay with his Kitchen Nightmares.

It's finally Friday. I am having lunch with a friend that I used to work with in North Raleigh. She's originally from Poland, and a real sweetheart.

Nothing on when the show will air yet, but I keep checking the schedule every Monday because they list which shows will air during the next two weeks.

I still haven't touched that disaster of a manuscript - just too much to think about.

My new computer seems fine and is much faster than the old one. I have to get a cable connector so I can use my old keyboard, which is nicer on the wrists.

Back to work...see ya on Monday.

No comments: