Monday, August 27, 2007

August 27, 2007

Yesterday I did like I said I would - rest. I decided to take on a "crafty" project, which I don't do too often. For some reason, Larry and I collect the corks from all the wine bottles we've opened. I have been meaning to make a framed piece of art of out it. So yesterday, I started it. Larry cut me a piece of board about 16" wides by 44" long. Now mind you, I don't have that many corks yet, but I like to plan ahead. I glued them on and added about 50. I have a lot more to go...

We had a early evening thunderstorm and then some nice rain. The power popped off and on several times. I made BBQ ribs and roasted corn and potatoes on the grill, yes, in the rain. What can I say, I love to grill.

Football season is just about back, and we watched the Pittsburgh Steelers (Larry's team) play the Philadelphia Eagles in a pre-season game. The Steelers kicked butt! Yeah, because I hate the Eagles, being a Washington Redskins fan, of course.

I have book orders to fill this week, and I need to get cracking on the research for the next book, but this darn job that pays my bills is keeping me busy! :)

Going to earn some wine money...

No comments: