Monday, August 4, 2008

August 4, 2008

I guess you figured out that I didn't blog from the beach. I guess I should have, but honestly, it was nice being away from the computer.

Let's see, we ate tons of seafood, which I cooked. We had scallops, clams, grouper, red snapper, crab, and shrimp. Every night was something a little different. We did have London broil one night for dinner.

The beach was beautiful as always. Most days I just sat in my beach chair with a canopy (so I didn't fry). I read a little, visited with my in-laws, and went swimming. I couldn't use the boogie board this year because of my neck injury.

We went fishing one night on the pier and my brother-in-law caught a three foot shark, which he thankfully let go.

We got home on Saturday, unloaded the car, and then collapsed. There was a bit of tension between some of the relatives this year, which made the vacation stressful at times. In a way, I am glad to be home.

I skipped the gym today because I am still exhausted, but I will get back at it tomorrow.

I need to submit a plan for my 2009 column to True West magazine, which means I will be focusing on that. I am also trying to plan a trip to California wine country either this month or next so I can do research on my next book.

So much to do, so little time...

No comments: