Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 2008

Well, last night's event was pretty interesting. There were about 10of us at a local coffee shop. This was the second meeting, but everyone attending was a first-timer like myself. I was a little late so I missed some of the the Intros. It seems I was the only published author attending, which is not a big deal.

Listening to the attendees, most of whom are still looking to be published was very interesting. I sometimes forget that I was just where they are at one point. I have been truly blessed in my writing career with supportive people, great publishers (well, most were), and some plain 'ole dumb luck! I offered to share what I know from my last 10 years with anyone who wanted to listen. I wish I had a group like this when I started.

It was nice to chat about writing with a bunch of people who don't know a whole lot about the west. It seemed strange to me sitting around a coffee shop in NC talking about the old west. Bob, the man in charge of the meeting knows a lot about trains and likes Tombstone. He saw that Bob Boze Bell wrote the forward for Tombstone's Treasure and said he knew who he was. See Bob - even in the south your rep is known! LOL

I will go back for next month's meeting...

I skipped the gym today because I have so many things to do before the beach week. Also, the DirecTV man is coming today. It's was on those appointments...we'll be there between noon and four. Just great. They have been trying to get me perfect reception for over eight months now and I am so tired it. First it was my equipment, then it was my trees, now it's my equipment again. If this doesn't get fixed I am switching to Disk Network, which I can get free for one year with my phone service.

Back to work...

No comments: