Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9, 2008


I know it's been a while since my last post, but things got a little crazy with accident issues, the holiday, and vacation.

I am still working with the insurance companies to get my old car and medical bills paid off. I am getting a new (used) car tonight, finally. I will have my own wheels again. It's another Jag...

Nothing new on the writing front just yet - I am still plugging along on various projects.

Our niece, Jamie, came into town last week for her annual vacation. We saw fireworks for the holiday and then headed to Cherokee, NC to camp for a few days.

The camping was fun, but it rained off and on the entire time, which is not ideal for one sleeping on the ground in a tent. The dampness did not help the pain in my neck and shoulders from the accident.

I cooked steak, BBQ chicken, and big fat juicy burgers for dinners. Hot coffee, eggs, French toast (pictured) and sausage for breakfasts.

We learned a great deal about the Cherokee Indians during our visit. We also went tubing down a river, where it rained on us.

By Tuesday morning, we had had enough, and were ready for comfy beds and "hotel" sheets. We got home and had movie night - two nights in a row. We saw Cool Runnings, Stripes, Waking Ned Devine, and Trading Places. We also watched the finale of Hell's Kitchen. I picked the winner about four weeks ago.

Tomorrow I will attempt the gym for the first time since my accident. I hope I can handle it. It's really bugging me to not be working out.

No comments: