Monday, October 29, 2007

October 29, 2007

The St. Petersburg Philharmonic Symphony concert was very nice. All the music was from Romeo and Juliet, with a slight Russian flair. It made me a little sad to think of two people in love who would rather die than live apart.

There is a funny story to go with that though...I went my mom and her neighbor (she's 14) who wants to be a cellist and Larry was on his way home from a business trip. I sat in a middle seat and a guy in his very early twenties (maybe 21) sat next to me. He introduced himself to me with a handshake and said he was a student. He gave me some story about driving there last minute, the person in front of him got the last ticket and he was bummed. Then, as if by some miracle, a nice old Russian man gave him a free ticket. Okay, why did he need to drive there if he's a student? When we left, he called someone on his cell, and said, "okay, pick me up out front." What happened to his car? Too funny!

Anyway, we went to the Wine Festival in downtown Raleigh. The wines were average, but we had fun anyway. The Big Easy restaurant was nice, but I was really ill later that night.

Sunday was all about football, but my team embarrased themselves and all their fans.

Today I started with a 2-mile walk since it was only 39 degrees. Tons of work today, so maybe pizza for dinner. It may be a late one...

No comments: