Friday, September 14, 2007

September 14, 2007

I didn't realize until just now that I haven't posted since Monday. Where does the time go?

Being a western writer has always been fun for me, but trying to get attention to your books has always been difficult. All the big main stream publishers said the western was dying, and it was somewhat true. However, I keep plugging along because it's what I love.

I wonder what they are saying now, that the western movie is back. With movies like 3:10 to Yuma, the western genre actually has a chance. How timely that my Lost Worlds, Deadwood show is airing next week!

I just wish I could get more press about it and my books. I have one of my publishers working on it, but nothing so far. I am going to contact my local newspaper today (I have never gotten any press from them in 10 years) now that 3:10 to Yuma is so hot. Not to mention the Jesse James movie with Brad Pitt. Ah, what a time to be a western writer!

I am working on a cool project for my regular job. A new company wants us to come with a brand name and tag line for them. I can't go into more right now, but maybe later. I'm learning all kinds of new stuff with this job!

Going for a walk.

No comments: