Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8, 2008

Last night I made a pizza from scratch. I added fresh tomatoes, provolone and mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and sauce. It was really tasty! Oh, and a nice bottle of Chianti as well.

The presidential debate last night was frustrating! It didn't help clear up anything for me. I wish they would stop attacking each other. Just tell us what you are going to do for us and stop saying you're gonna bailout the poor people who are affected my the housing problem. Hey, I worked in that business for 16 years (in fraud). Most of those people don't belong in the houses they have. Really - someone making $30,000 a year can afford a $500,000 house? Not. So now they can afford it even less and the good old government is going to come along and save them. What about those of us who live within our means - what bonus do we get?

I skipped the gym today to get my hair done for the upcoming History Channel shoot.

I also stopped at the grocery store because they had triple coupons. Now I must confess that I use coupons--who in their right mind wouldn't? Anywho, now that I work from home and can shop during the week, I have run into a new breed of shopper. I prefer to call them coupons Nazis.

Seriously, they have 3-inch thick coded binders. They call each other and let other coupon Nazis know what's in stock. They hit several of the same stores in different locations. Good Lord, they are possessed.

Case in point. I went to get a can of organic tomatoes (there were only three left on the self and two were dented). I paused, there was my mistake, and this woman came around the corner. I saw the panicked look in her eye when she saw three cans. Then she looked at me. I kid you not, she cut me off and damn near ripped my face off with her arms to get the non-dented can. I stood in shock and then just chuckled. I went to the next aisle, and there were several more cans of this brand. Too funny!

Next time I better go armed with elbow pads and a hockey mask!

No comments: