Thursday, September 4, 2008

September 4, 2008



Here is the deer picture from a few days ago, and one of my adorable Bailey cat.

Well, the crab soup got put on hold. I ended up making chicken Caesar salad for dinner.

I hit the gym again today - took a class and did some weight-lifting. I also scheduled a physical therapy class to see if I can get my back, neck, and shoulder feeling 100%.

You know, I realized today (well, not just today) that my really good, close friends all live too far away. Either I moved, they moved, or I met them in my travels and they have always lived away. What can I say? I miss them! I just left a message for one of them and hearing her voice made me think about all this mushy stuff.

My good friend Bob Bell (yeah, he lives far away, too) did as promised and posted a Peruvian soup recipe. It sounds really yummy and I can't wait to try it.

Tonight is usually pub trivia night, but it's the first regular season football game. I was torn between going and watching it there or staying home. I opted for staying home and ordering pizza.

We are going to have to put some things away outside to prep for T.S. Hanna - she's supposed to hit here tomorrow afternoon through Saturday afternoon. Those are always fun (yes, that was sarcasm).

I don't normally talk politics here, but I have to say that I was totally impressed with the Republican VP candidate, Sarah Palin. Holy cow - she is impressive. It's funny how all the news people and commentators are comparing her skills to Obama's and who the better candidate is. Uh, excuse me, she is running for VP - not president. Compare her to Joe Biden is you must, but Obama, really!

No comments: