Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29, 2008




This weekend went went to South Carolina to visit my aunt and uncle. My uncle is my dad's older brother (he's 84). After my dad died, he stepped in... Last month he had emergency surgery to have his gallbladder removed. He is doing remarkably well considering his age.

We laughed and talked about dad. I made them apple and custard pies and we had brook trout for dinner.

On Saturday we went out for a drive in the country and found this beautiful road and a covered bridge. There was also a small mosaic of old plates (I wonder if they were found nearby) and pretty wild flowers.

Unfortunately, a little dog ran right in front of our car and we could not stop in time. It was a horrible feeling--and still is. I have no idea why this little dog was running loose on a busy road. Of all days to have to deal with a new death...

I always believe things happen for a reason, but why this happened is beyond me.

We came home yesterday.

It's apple season and I wanted to bring some home from the mountains and along our route back we found some. It was even pick your own if you wanted. Well, we tried, but the ones on the trees weren't very nice, so we just bought a bag that had already picked.

No comments: