Monday, May 5, 2008

May 5, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

We had a blast on Saturday at the antiques fair. The weather was perfect. We got there about 10:30 and left at 4:30. We only stopped to eat, which consisted of NC BBQ at the Presbyterian Church. Needless to say our feet were tired.

I was amazed at the amount of western collectibles I saw in NC. I bought three books. One is a 1956 children's book called, Wyatt Earp, the next is a 1938 booklet called, Hell's Hip Pocket, and the third is the Last of the Mochicans by James Fenimore Cooper, with not copyright date.

I also bought a Derby hat in honor of the day. After lunch we dropped off some purchases and enjoyed the juleps I brought along. How sad they had to put down Eight Belles.

Yesterday we did a little shopping and then came home and did yard work. I planted flowers and herbs and cleaned out some flower beds.

Heading to the gym later...although I think I got plenty of exercise over the weekend.

No comments: