Friday, June 20, 2008

June 20, 2008

Some updates...

Turns out they did not catch the losers who stole our stuff--my neighbor got it wrong. The detective said there are no arrests.

I made the gym Tuesday-Thursday. It felt good getting back to it. However, on my way home yesterday, I was rear-ended. Several cars came to a sudden stop, but the 19 year-old behind me didn't. Well, she did after she slammed into me. I estimated she was doing between 25-35 m.p.h.

First, I am only bruised and sore. There were two police officers in that line of sudden stoppers, so they were on the scene when it happened. My knee slammed into the dashboard, which is odd because I was wearing my seat belt. I guess my butt slid forward.

All the stuff in my car was tossed around. At first I was in shock, then I was just really scared. I saw her coming and knew I was in trouble.

The police officer sent for an ambulance because my back was really sore. The EMS guy suggested they put me on one of those straight boards and strap my head to it. I looked like a pro-football player.

Needless to say, I was embarrassed. Here I was in my workout clothes, all sweaty, hair soaked, and I am laying in the middle of the highway (on a stretcher) for all passers-by to gawk at. Ugh.

I was taken to the hospital, tested, x-rayed, and no broken bones. Yee-haw!

My poor car took the brunt of the hit. I fear they may total it because of all the damage. I will take a photo and post it.

Anyway, I will be taking it easy today and this weekend. More on the car and me later.

No comments: