Wednesday, November 28, 2007

November 28, 2007

Yesterday was a sad day and I didn't feel like posting.

If you read my blog, then you know I am a HUGE Washington Redskins fan - yes, I have the coveted seasons tickets as well. We drive 5 hours one way to the home games. Yesterday, one of our most colorful and best players, Sean Taylor, died. He was shot in his home on Monday night and there was some hope he might live. When I woke up yesterday, I realized he had died.

I know this may seem silly to some people, but I felt a real sense of loss. I never met him, yet somehow his death really saddened me. I guess I'm not the only one, tons of fans in the D.C. area were at Fed Ex Field yesterday placing memorials all over.

I can't imagine what it is going to be like at this Sunday's game. How in the hell are all his teammates supposed to play when they are in mourning? How are all us fans supposed to be enthused?

I guess with life, comes death, but it is NEVER easy to deal with...I need to pull up my boot straps."

No comments: