Friday, January 2, 2009

January 2, 2009






Wow. I've done so much since my last post, which is why I haven't posted until now. Let me start by saying that today would have been my dad's 67th birthday.

Back to December. We had our annual Christmas Eve gathering and then spent Christmas day with family. I got lots of nice gifts. Dinner consisted of beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and Christmas cookies for dessert.

On the 29th we headed to Colonial Williamsburg for my birthday. We stayed in a house that was originally built in 1731 and was Martha Washington's grandfather's. It was a quaint room with a wood burning fireplace. We ate in old taverns, walked with an English Colonial fife and drum band, and participated in a mock trial in an old English court. We walked the streets--I think a little too much for me. Today I am off my feet because I might have fractured or badly bruise my right one. I will know soon.


I have lots of neat photos of the holidays and Williamsburg, which is some of what you see here.

We took a ferry ride to and from Williamsburg. The ride over was super calm, but the ride back was windy...

No comments: