Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Update...

Yes, you've read it before...I've been meaning to update this blog, but I never seem to do it consistently.

Well, there is a lot about to happen at once, as usual. Let's see--I'm past due on my True West column deadline, but will finish this week. The topic is coffee in the Old West. Very cool pic to go with.

I just received notice that my Cary proofs will be arriving this week or next and they will need to be reviewed, edited, and returned in less than two weeks.

I agreed to be a judge in the Western Writers of America Spur awards again this year and the books are arriving almost daily. They all need to be read by March 1. That seems so far away and yet when I look up, it will be March and I'll be scrambling to finish.

I was just asked to write up some winners of the Best of the West for True West, which I love to do, but I just have to balance it all.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm trying to work on two books at once, look for a job, and eat and sleep?

Ah hell, I can stand to lose a few pounds anyway, who needs to eat?! LOL

I'm sure I've left something else out, but that's enough for now. Oh yeah, I have a chest cold and it's trying to kick my ass, but I'm trying to kick back!

No comments: