Wednesday, April 16, 2008

April 16, 2008

Well, blogging from Atlanta didn't happen as you can see. The Internet connection in my room did not work, so I was only briefly able to check my e-mail in the hotel lobby. I limited my time to e-mails that were very important or needed my attention.

I met some of the most amazing people in Atlanta (I should say Cartersville). Michael Wallis wrote the book on Route 66, which the movie Cars was based on--he was even the voice of the sheriff in the movie. I got to spend a great deal of time with him...what a nice guy!

My trip was also special because I got to spend time with one of my favorite artists...Thom Ross. He is, contemporary western artist extraordinaire. Then there were my Tombstone buddies; Allen Barra, Jim Dunham, Jeff Morey, and Gary Roberts. Lord forgive me if I left someone out. I met with an agent, who also authored a book on George Custer. He offered some great advice.

I can't say enough about meeting people in your field - especially the nice ones! It's strange...I was in Georgia, but felt like I was in the west somewhere.

Saturday night I dealt faro in my Victorian dress for 60 people. It was a fundraiser for the museum (Booth Western Art). The event took place at an estate (14,000 S.F.). This place was amazing...the owner is a huge western history buff and 5000 square feet of the house is an entire street recreated to look like one in Tombstone. Totally awesome!

I have been home for a couple of days, but playing catch up.

Remember that pioneer woman's book with recipes from the emigrant trails? I had a publisher who was interested, but they wanted a ton of revisions. Well, I realized that I didn't have the time to make them, so I sent it to another publisher. Yippee! They love the concept and have asked to see the entire MS (manuscript). I am keeping my fingers crossed.

It's going to be crazy again soon...I just feel it.

No comments: