Friday, March 14, 2008

March 14, 2008

Being an author is such and up and down thing and reminds me of driving a 5-speed on a hilly road because you constantly have to switch gears. Some days it's all so quiet and others are nuts. On Wednesday I was thinking, wow, it's been really quiet, and then yesterday I was inundated with stuff. Here's how my Thursday went (on top of my regular job):

I received an email from someone at AMC TV wanting to interview me about western movies, and oh, could I do it now? I did it, and it lasted about 1.5 hours. Most of it will be saved for other stories, but it should be posted on their website www.amctv.com with the Wild Bill movie section. She even asked me about Governor Spitzer and how he would have been perceived in the 1880s...read the interview to see what I said. I will post the direct link here when they send it to me.

My publisher contacted me about entering my book in a particular award, and also about setting up an interview for some sort of online western blog.

I received an email from an author who wants advice on a couple of things, which I will reply to today.

I managed to make it to the gym yesterday in the midst of all things crazy.

I wonder what today will bring?

No comments: