Friday, June 15, 2007

Western Writer's Conference


I'm in the final third of my month long trips, and am in Springfield, Mo. This is the conference where I get to see old friends, publishers, and everyone else in my business of western writing. This photo was taken at the WWA conference, my good friends, Debi Morgan, me, and Deb's hubby, the illustrious, Loren Estelman.

Last night, I had drinks with a pretty neat group, and I will drop names. I spent some time with my good friend, Debi Morgan who writes some pretty neat fiction, the illustrious Dr. Paul Hutton, his lovely wife, Tracy, Loren Estleman, Johnny Boggs, Michael Gear, Rita Cleary, and some others who I know I should remember. Most of these people are pretty famous western writers. It's hard to imagine that 10 years ago I only knew them by their names on a book cover. Today, I get to rub elbows with them!

I'm skipping the panel this morning so I can work on my real job as a marketing writer. Later today we are all heading for a mass book signing at a local Borders. Anyone in the area should come by - this is a chance to meet over 50 pretty darn famous western authors - all in one place.

Well, gotta go...

Sherry

No comments: