Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November 4, 2009

I have been diligently working on The Secret Lives of Evelyn for the last few days. I have hit some road blocks, especially for the last two pieces of this crazy puzzle!

I had the pleasure of speaking with one of Evelyn's great granddaughters in London. She is just as sweet and funny as can be. It was such a neat feeling being able to talk with someone who actually knew Evelyn's first child! It was almost as if I was talking to Evelyn.

Elizabeth shared some very personal and interesting stories with me. There is no way to confirm them, but they have been passed down from family members. I still intend to share them because they are so crazy!

Today I am focusing on the writing part--it's very easy for me to get sucked into the research part.

The new Apex book is making a splash! A story in the local paper, Apex Herald featured it yesterday and I will be on the local CBS affiliate on Monday afternoon. I will post a link here after it airs. Here is the one for the Apex book http://www.theapexherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Local+author+writes+about+town-s+history%20&id=4278387-Local+author+writes+about+town-s+history&instance=home_news_lead

No comments: